Many women fall into the habit of putting others’ health and wellness needs before their own.
But ensuring that you are as healthy as you can be will put you in a much better position to give care and love to the people most important to you.
Consider that the leading cause of death for women in the US is heart attack. The second is cancer. There are many things you can do to increase your overall wellness to help ward off these diseases.
No matter what your age or overall health status is, the following health tips can help you enhance your health and wellness throughout your life.
8 Tips to Enhance Your Health
- Follow a Heart Healthy Diet. Eat more fruits and veggies. Choose whole grains. Switch to whole wheat pasta and brown rice. Choose lean proteins like poultry, fish, beans, and legumes and cut down on processed foods, sugar, salt, and saturated fat.
- Stay on Top of Your Annual Wellness Checks.Even if you are feeling fine! This habit can increase the chances of early detection of disease or chronic conditions.
- Keep Moving! Make exercise a lifelong habit to keep your heart healthy, your weight in check and your stress levels low.
- Prioritize Sleep. Regular sleep enhances the body’s ability to fight off disease, weight gain, depression and more. You also require the energy to live a healthy happy life!
- Make Nutrition a Priority. What you put in your mouth is critically important to your energy level and your overall health. A solid understanding of healthful eating, and developing long-term habits are key here.
- Cut Down on Stress. Take time for self-care here. Stress is another key promoter of disease and can throw a big wrench into your overall wellness. Try meditating, yoga, stretching, or a regular massage.
- Be Vigilant About Self-Exams. Know your body. Do regular breast exams. If anything seems out of the ordinary do not put off a visit to the doctor.
- Learn to Say No. It’s ok not to do everything that’s thrown your way. Pick and choose your priorities, and then take time for you.
Caring for your body is top priority so that you can live a long, healthy, fun, happy and fulfilled life. Remember, you only have one body!