VIDA Fitness is taking extra precautions to help our communities stay safe and healthy. This includes extensive cleaning protocols and social distancing practices within each of our destinations.
Not ready to come back? See your
membership options here. Read our updated Mask Policy here.
Monday – Friday: 5am – 9pm
Saturday – Sunday: 7am – 7pm
Safety is our biggest priority. We have been working hard during our closure to find the most effective products available and create a plan to keep the club safe and clean while you workout. We are proud to share that we are staying committed to our environmentally safe standards while bringing the best virus-killing cleaning products to VIDA Fitness, Bang Salon, Aura Spa, SweatBox, and The Penthouse Pool Club and Lounge.
Every employee is getting trained on the cleaning protocol and tasked with helping us make re-opening safe and healthy. We will need the support and participation of our members to make this protocol successful.
After in-depth research, we selected a sanitization and cleaning product called Tersano and the patented Stabilized Aqueous Ozone (SAO) system with an Electrostatic Sprayer that makes disinfecting more effective.
Tersano kills germs in 30 seconds to 1 minute. This means we can keep the gym open while we continuously clean throughout the day. We will be able to quickly sanitize the group fitness studios in between classes.
Tersano SAO system prevents toxic chemicals from being dumped into groundwater, streams, and rivers. Tersano’s product design requires less packaging, transportation fuels, and the manufacturing of chemicals. It is approved and certified by Green Seal and HACCP.
Tersano is 100% chemical free. As we increase our sanitation protocol, you and our cleaning staff won’t be burdened by the smell of bleach and other toxins.
We’ve designed plans for how we will clean & sanitize each department of VIDA Fitness, Aura Spa, Bang Salon, SweatBox, and the Penthouse Pool Club and Lounge. Amenities, scheduling, and processes have been designed to offer members, clients, and staff the safest environment possible. We appreciate your help and support – we are in this together! Please review our updated Mask Policy.
The front desk team will sanitize the entrance door handles, desk, seating areas, phone, computers screen, keyboard, and credit card machine after each touch.
The fitness studios will be vacuumed, mopped, and disinfected with Tersano solution before, in between, and after classes. We will be using UV light technology to disinfect our yoga mats after each use with a system called Matsana. In order to increase social distancing and allow for deeper sanitization, the management and cleaning team will set up workout equipment for use at designated stations in each studio. The class schedule will accommodate additional cleaning and transition time in between classes.
In our DC locations, locker rooms are only available for bathroom use as outlined in the Phase 2 requirements. Limited lockers are available outside the locker room. Our Ballston location allows for showers and socially distanced locker usage.
Lockers, toilets, urinals, sink tables, faucets, soap dispensers, mirrors, and towel paper dispensers will be disinfected with the Tersano disinfectant solution every 20 minutes. The floors will be vacuumed, swept, and mopped 3 times per day. Tanning machines and hydro massage beds will be disinfected every 30 minutes with Tersano solution. Showers, the steam room, and the sauna will not be available.
Our cleaning team will be on the floor disinfecting high touch areas around the clock. We will provide every member with their own microfiber towel to clean equipment after each use. In addition, our staff will be wiping down equipment, cleaning mirrors, windows, screens, handles, seats, stair rails with Tersano.
The Pilates studio will be vacuumed, mopped, and disinfected with Tersano solution before and after each session. There will be at least 30 minutes between classes to avoid crowds of students entering and exiting the studio and to allow for additional cleaning.
The RD Office will be cleaned and sanitized before and after business hours and in between each client. The InBody will be wiped down after each use.
The Endless Pools are tested and treated four times a day.
The SweatBox studio and each of its stations will be vacuumed, mopped, and disinfected with Tersano solution before and after classes. Additional weights, slamballs, and other equipment can be left in the box after class for sanitization.
Aura spa and its treatment rooms will be UV sterilized, and vacuumed, mopped, and disinfected with Tersano solution at the end of each day. There will be at least 30 minutes between all appointments to allow for proper treatment room sanitation. The spa will close for 45 minutes mid-day for complete sanitation. Staff and clients will be asked to wear shoe covers.
We will fully disinfect each styling station, stylist equipment, and shampoo stations before and after each client visit. We’ve staggered appointment times for proper cleaning and sanitization. We have also scheduled a salon attendant during all hours of operation that will continuously disinfect all surfaces in the salon.
• All services are by appointment only. Book your appointment on our website at the Gallery Place, Logan Circle, or U Street locations. The Yards location is not yet open. Some stylists have relocated so check with the other locations. We cannot accept walk-ins during this phase.
• Please arrive on time. Due to our robust cleaning schedule, we may not be able to accommodate you if you arrive late for your appointment.
• Upon arrival, we will take your temperature with a no contact forehead thermometer. We cannot allow you into the salon if you have a body temperature of 99.8 degrees or above.
• Please use Venmo for gratuity. No cash transactions are allowed.
• You may purchase retail products via credit card immediately before or after your appointment. We can also provide curbside pick-up if you need to purchase products without an appointment.
• Please wear an ear loop facemask during your appointment. Salon employees will be wearing PPE equipment such as facemasks, face shields, aprons, and gloves.
• Please come into the salon with clean, product free hair. We have limited hair washing sinks and they will be dedicated to washing out color.
• Limit your personal belongings to one item that you can hold or place in your lap during your service. We will not have storage closets available for your personal belongings.
• We may temporarily limit certain services. That currently includes blowouts, Brazilian and Keratin treatments. Please check the reservation system on our website for the most up-to-date list of available services.
• Cancel your appointment if you experience any of the following symptoms: cough, fever or chills, shortness of breath, sore throat, diarrhea, vomiting, congestion or runny nose, loss of taste or smell.
Chaise lounge chairs, cabanas and cabana surfaces, pool and day beds, towel holders, umbrella, and the pool host stand will be sanitized before and after each use with Tersano products. Guest tables will be sanitized before and after opening and regularly during business hours.
Hours: 10am – 7pm Everyday
The Fuel Bar has been clean and sanitized prior to reopening. This included all cooler, freezer, prep, and service areas. After reopening, staff will clean prep areas, blenders, knives, scoops, shelves, and service areas consistently throughout the day.
Hours: 10am – 7pm Everyday
In accordance with new guidance from Mayor Bowser, we are requiring members to wear masks at all times, including while working out. Many of you will not be impacted because you have already opted to wear a mask at all times.
However, if you struggle with wearing a mask while doing cardio or other high-intensity workouts – we want to help!
1. Set up a complimentary session with one of our personal trainers to develop a routine that is effective and safe.
2. Our group fitness program will be modified to accommodate the challenges of wearing a mask. Our group fitness instructors have been teaching and training in masks so they know how to adjust the programming for a challenging workout – even with a mask.
3. We’ve added several outdoor workouts to the schedule! Just sign up via the app.
Thank you for your support as we continue to follow the District’s regulations and keep our members safe!
These temporary changes will help us manage cleaning and allow for additional social distancing:
The cleaning protocol only works if we have the combination of: