What’s In My Gym Bag: Fernanda Rivera
By Mekita Rivas, VIDA editor/member
Let’s be real: Your gym bag is pretty much your life. It’s stashed with everything you need for a workout, like your headphones and lifting gloves. But it also carries the essentials — all the must-haves for getting yourself together after a sweat sesh. So what does the #VIDAFitFam keep in their gym bags? We decided to take a peek and find out! This month we’re catching up with Fernanda Rivera, a Master Trainer at City Vista, who’s worked at VIDA for nearly four years.
“I love being able to help clients understand their bodies and watch them connect the dots when they learn a new move,” she shares.
Fernanda keeps herself — and her clients — in line with her gym bag must-haves. “Most of the items in my backpack are meant to help my training and my clients’ training,” she says. “The shades, lip shimmer, and umbrella are my everyday essentials in case of anything!”
Here’s what you’ll find in Fernanda’s gym bag:
- MyZone Heart Rate Monitor
- Friction Labs Cream Chalk — “Great for pull-ups and deadlifts,” Fernanda says.
- Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer — “Gotta look cute at the gym, too.”
- Sling Shot Hip Circle for booty workouts
- An umbrella — “You never know when it’s gonna rain.”
- Athletic tape — “Funky colors preferably.”
- A tablet to keep track of clients’ workouts