VIDA Gym Etiquette
We’ve received several suggestions over the years about various points of gym etiquette and just general questions about VIDA policies & procedures. We decided to condense your input into the Top 6 Gym Etiquette Recommendations below:
1) Cell Phone Use: Limit your cell phone use to music while working out. Please relax in the lounge areas, Fuel Bar, or any of our business offices if you need to text, email, or take a phone call. Please refrain from using your cell phone and set to silent while in the locker room, spa areas, or class studios.
2) Equipment Use: Allow your fellow members to work-in when you are between sets on strength equipment. Offer to let members work-in when you are on the equipment and ask members if you can work-in if you are waiting for equipment. Please refrain from reserving equipment with a towel or resting on equipment between sets. Please limit your use of cardio equipment to 30 minutes during peak times if other members are waiting.
3) Wipe Down Equipment & Re-Rack Weights: Wipe down equipment after use with a towel and gym wipes conveniently located in the fitness areas. Return all equipment to its proper location after use so that it’s readily available for other members and keeps the gym floor free of clutter.
4) Dropping Weights: Maintain control of weights at all times and safely lower to resting position or storage racks. Please do not drop weights from overhead or let drop from waist level to the ground.
5) Towels: Place all workout and shower towels in the towel bins after use.
6) Classes: Arrive on time and try to setup your space away from the entry doors so late arrivals do not disturb class.
If you have additional input on gym etiquette, we’d love to hear from you via our online suggestion box at: https://vidafitness.com/suggestions