Top 5 Reasons You Should Take Up Yoga
1) To be more in tune with your body – Sometimes we take our body’s abilities
and functions for granted, but the pace of yoga allows us to slow down and
find intention in each movement and posture. This intention can really open
your eyes to where your body is strongest, and what areas of your overall
health you would like to improve.
2) To relieve stress –While running or lifting weights may also be a stress relief
for you, the breathing methods and tuning out of the outside world in yoga
can do wonders during times of tension and stress. The meditative nature of
yoga is something you might find yourself craving after you’ve discovered
true relaxation during exercise.
3) Pain relief – The practice of yoga is used to supplement treatment for a
variety of medical conditions such as hypertension and arthritis. Even back
and neck pain caused from sitting all day or not having a chance to sit all day
(sometimes it feels like we can’t win) will be greatly improved with yoga.
4) Increased Flexibility – Your excuse for not doing yoga because you’re not
flexible is no longer valid. Yoga is the form of exercise that will transform you
from not being able to touch your toes to touching your nose to your knees
with a little bit of time and patience.
5) Better sleep – At the most basic level yoga assists in being able to become
mentally “quiet” along with increased blood circulation helping your muscles
relax, both of which aid in sleep. Doing Cat and Child poses before bed is also
great way to ease in to a good night’s sleep.
For more information about VIDA YOGA Classes please visit our website.