How To Make A 12-Pack Of Nutrition Sessions Work For You
By Mekita Rivas, VIDA editor/member
A new year is right around the corner, and we’re betting that you’ve got some serious goals for 2019. Getting in shape for your wedding? Training for your first marathon? Looking for a total wellness overhaul? VIDA is here to be your partner along the way. We’ll help you keep your eye on the prize — whether that’s walking down the aisle, crossing a finish line, or being able to say that you’re in the best shape of your life!
While regular workouts are obviously critical for reaching your goals, what you do in the kitchen is just as important. That’s why we offer expert nutritional counseling services with our team of registered, licensed dietitians. And now through the end of December, we’re offering VIDA members an exclusive offer: Purchase a 12-pack of nutrition sessions and receive a $50 credit!
For some people, especially those who haven’t worked with a dietitian before, you may be wondering: What will I do with 12 whole sessions?! The short answer is, well, a lot! It all depends on your goals and timeline. We asked VIDA Director of Nutrition, Addie Claire, to break it down for us and explain what 12 nutrition sessions could look like in three different situations.
The Countdown Is On
Maybe you’re getting married in three months. Perhaps you’ve got a high school reunion to attend. Or you just want to drop a pants size by summertime. Whatever the case, you feel like you need a miracle! While your timeline might be tight, our dietitians can get you on the fast track to success with nutrition consultations early on in the process. They’ll collect background information, establish baseline measurements, and set a plan that takes into consideration the time crunch. You’ll receive:
– Four weeks of meal plans, including meals and snacks
– Two months of biweekly in-person sessions
– One month of weekly sessions, which could include grocery shopping trips where you bring along a friend (or a certain spouse-to-be) to help you stay accountable
Get Game Time Ready
You’re preparing for a big race or competition. Or you maintain a high level of activity, and you’re consistently working toward setting new PRs. Or maybe both! You will receive preliminary nutrition consultations to collect background info, establish baseline measurements, and think about an action plan. You’ll also get:
– Six months of InBody composition scans. This would also include daily plans for how to match your activity level to your nutrition intake.
– Six months of scaled macronutrient adjustments based on activity level and training regimen. This would include specific brands, products, and recipes.
– Increased contact and attention around the event/competition, with specific recommendations for the days leading up to and after the event/competition
Live Your Best Life
You feel like you’ve tried it all — from diet fads to trendy workouts — but you still aren’t seeing results. You’re ready to buckle down and get serious! We’ll make that happen with nutritional consultations that will explore your history with food, current challenges, and next steps, both in the short- and long-term future. You’ll experience:
– Eight in-person sessions with InBody composition scans
– Meetings every one to three weeks for consistency and to address any necessary changes. For accountability, one session will include a review of MyFitnessPlan and ongoing monitoring.
– Additional options include reverse dieting recommendations when necessary and help with planning meals and snacks
Remember, these are just sample plans that can be tailored and adjusted to fit your needs! Reach out to us to set up a complimentary consultation, and we’ll get a plan perfected for you. Make 2019 the year you make it happen, whatever “it” is! Take advantage of our 12-pack offer today, get your $50 credit, and be on your way to your best year yet.