Join our Diversity and Inclusion Board
The purpose of the Board is to affirm the company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, ensuring that all team members and members are treated with genuine care and kindness, regardless of their race, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, class, ability, or physical appearance. Our company is a safe place where all people are welcome and valued. All team members receive equal opportunity for professional & financial growth, career advancement, and promotion.
We invite those passionate about advancing this greater mission to apply for the Board by answering the questions below. You may also nominate someone for the Board by submitting the online Nomination Form. Those interested should prepare to dedicate about 10 hours per month to Board service.
The Board serves 3 key constituents:
(1) Team Members
(3) The Community
The Board executes 4 primary roles:
- Review the diversity of the senior leadership team, corporate office team, department teams, club teams, and the company as a whole to set annual goals. Human Resources will present the Board with quarterly statistical reports and survey results.
- Investigate reports of discrimination, involving both team members and members. This includes investigating complaints of inequitable team member compensation.
- Serve as a resource and counsel team members that are not comfortable discussing issues with their manager or Human Resources.
- Work with Human Resources to develop 2x/year diversity training on implicit bias in the workplace for all team members
The Board will also support the marketing & communications team with 2 secondary roles:
- Submit a list of ideas for community-based activities and initiatives that promote diversity and inclusion
- Research initiatives to engage impoverished and underprivileged neighborhoods in the community to provide access to fitness, wellness, and nutritional resources
Submissions are due by August 21, 2020.