3-Day Weekend Yoga Workshop at VIDA U Street by Josie Schweitzer
VIDA Fitness is proud to announce that visiting Yoga Instructor and owner of Thank Yoga Studio, Josie Schweitzer, will be hosting a 3-Day Weekend Yoga Workshop at VIDA U Street from Friday, March 28th to Sunday, March 30th.
The cost is just $99. Register online at www.vidafitness.com/yoga before February 14th and save an extra $20 ($79 advance registration).
We’ve provided the pertinent details below, but please feel free to respond to this post if you have any additional questions.
Session 1 (Friday, March 28th)
- 6:00pm to 6:30pm: Workshop check-in & introduction
- 6:30pm to 8:00pm: “Redefine Gravity” Arm Balances class
Your first challenge is just believing that these poses are possible. This session will help you get out of your head, and prepare the body to hold arm balances in a safe and effective way. We have a choice to live our lives, or to fully come alive. It’s easy to try to rush from point A to point Z without truly experiencing anything along the way. We need to stop rushing and start experiencing while enjoying the ride. We will break down these poses from A to B to C to make them accessible in a playful way.
Session 2 (Saturday, March 29th)
- 11:00am to 12:30pm: Member Requests class
This session will be developed solely based on member requests that we receive at the time you register for the workshop. Sign-up early and provide plenty of input on what you’d like us to feature during this 90-minute class.
Session 3 (Saturday, March 29th)
- 4:30pm to 6:00pm: “Gotta get up to get down” Inversions class
This session will get you upside down and looking at life from an entirely new perspective. We all have fears, and my motto is to face them, instead of run away from them. It is the only way to excel in life. If we constantly went in the other direction from our fear, we would never develop our full potential. Learn the basics of how to get upside down mindfully, and incorporate handstands/headstands into your daily practice. We’ll get you flying on and off of your mat.
Session 4 (Sunday, March 30th)
- 9:00am to 11:00am: “The art of sequencing” for new & aspiring yoga instructors
Learn how to develop safe and effective yoga sequences to create your own yoga practice or begin the path towards becoming a yoga instructor.
We’ll teach you:
- Why we begin and end with certain poses
- When to hold poses
- Where to incorporate standing poses
- How to be creative, and go with the flow
- When it’s ok to improvise, and feed off of the energy of the class
Added Value & Freebies
- All participants will receive a FREE VIDA t-shirt of their choice
- 25% discount on all purchases at the Fuel Bar & Gear Shop during the workshop