Top 12 Eco-Friendly Efforts of VIDA Fitness
Here at VIDA we’re committed to promoting a healthier planet in more ways than one. We value and recognize the importance of being an environmentally friendly partner in our community, and reducing our carbon footprint to increase long-term sustainability. Here’s a list of our top twelve eco-friendly efforts from our citywide fitness centers.
1. VIDA is powered by wind energy. Wind is a clean and renewable energy source. Electricity generated by wind turbines won’t dirty the air we breathe or emit pollutants like other energy sources-that means less smog, less acid rain, and fewer greenhouse gas emissions. Because it is a clean energy source, wind energy reduces costs associated with air pollution-both healthcare and environmental costs.
2. VIDA has made the switch to LED lighting, which helps contribute to our global need to save energy and has a positive impact on energy prices, emissions targets, and legislation.
3. VIDA uses recycled rubber flooring in all of our clubs. Products made from recycled rubber materials instead of virgin or new materials conserve our natural resources, use less energy in production, create far less air & water pollution, and prevent tires from ending up in landfills.
4. VIDA is making the switch to paperless membership agreements and we are placing the vast majority of our informational materials online so that they are solely available in electronic format.
5. VIDA has installed bottle-filler attachments to the water fountains in all of our clubs. Bottle-fillers reduce the need to purchase disposable plastic water bottles and encourage both members & staff to bring a reusable bottle for hydration.
6. VIDA is progressively trading out some of our existing treadmills for Woodway treadmills, which use far less energy and contain recycled rubber materials.
7. VIDA is progressively switching to eco-friendly (“green”) cleaning products and laundry solutions. These products are non-aerosol and provide a long-lasting, positive effect on the environment. The production, use, and disposal of environmentally unfriendly products create pollution, groundwater contamination, and other threats to the ecosystem. Because eco-friendly products are less harsh and oftentimes contain no dangerous chemicals or toxic additives, they are the perfect option for those with sensitive skin, small children, or pets.
8. VIDA is now purchasing more shower and workout towels to have on-hand, which allows us to utilize more efficient wash cycles. By laundering only full loads of towels, we reduce the number of loads & amount of water used without having a shortage of towels for our members.
9. VIDA members contribute $2 per month towards our Eco-Friendly Investment in the environment. The cost of these initiatives greatly exceeds the $2 per month contribution, but it does allow VIDA to offset some of our costs so that we may invest in future eco-friendly initiatives.
10. VIDA uses 100% vegetable oil to power and lubricate our signature Endless Pools. This product is 100% eco-friendly and biodegradable, unlike conventional motor oil.
11. Aura Spa utilizes only USDA Certified Organic oils and lotions on all spa services and treatments.
12. VIDA has partnered with One Earth Corporation to coordinate our Recycling Programs. Members and employees are able to dispose of recyclable materials in receptacles placed throughout the facility. New materials produced from these recyclables results in 73% less air pollutants and 61% less process water.